The mission of Aspen Healthcare Services is to provide compassionate, quality healthcare. We strive to meet the needs of the patient whose care can be safely and effectively managed at home without regard to race, sex, religion, or age. This will allow us to preserve the well-being of the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
The philosophy of Aspen Healthcare Services reflects the vision and values of the organization. We support an environment that promotes quality home healthcare and emphasizes the following key principles. We believe:
- The needs of our patients and their families should guide our patient care regardless of race, color, creed, age, and financial status.
- Home healthcare for each patient and family should be the best healthcare possible: individualized, compassionate, and culturally appropriate.
- Collaboration is encouraged with patients, families, and other healthcare team members to plan and provide home healthcare that will promote the maximum level of health and wellness.
- Effective patient care is based on scientific and ethical principles, research findings, cultural understanding, and experience.
- Excellence in nursing or therapy practice is achieved through a shared governance approach that promotes the involvement of the professional nurse and/or therapist to support the patient in clinical and organizational decision-making.
- A work climate for clinical staff should promote clinical expertise, education, shared governance and research, integrity, and competence.
- It is vital to foster an environment that promotes respect, positive communication and collaboration among all members of the patient/family/healthcare team.
- We are dedicated to honoring the unique needs of patients from Dallas/Ft. Worth, surrounding areas in the state of Texas, and anyone who comes to us for care.
- Assure quality nursing care according to ANA/NLN Nursing Standards for Home Health Nursing.
- Offer home care as a reasonable alternative to acutely, chronically, or terminally ill patients.
- Provide and promote continuity of care for clients at home, to and from the hospital, in a nursing home, or in an extended care facility.
- Promote the highest level of rehabilitation and independence through restorative nursing care and collaborating with therapy disciplines as appropriate.
- Provide enough knowledgeable staff for an appropriate level of care and frequency of visits in the home.
- Provide quality care through continuous evaluations of client care through review processes.
- Provide high-quality healthcare services in a cost-effective manner.
- Perform appropriate patient interventions accurately and safely, based on scientific principles.
- Document concise, factual patient observation and activities in the medical record according to institutional policies and procedures.
- Recognize the necessity of continuing education to promote personal growth and professional development.